Volunteering is welcomed but not required. Your membership dues help support many worthwhile SM North activities, including:
- Student programs that teach life-long skills and promote team-building.
- Social and multicultural events.
- Teacher appreciation events and instructional grants.
- Student service through the Presidential Service Awards / BROC.
- PTA Reflections program that encourages students in the areas of literature, art, music, drama and dance – and provides opportunities for recognition in regional and national PTA contests.
Shawnee Mission North High School and the Shawnee Mission North PTSA recognizes, and encourages, student and community volunteer efforts in conjunction with the Presidential Volunteer Service Awards with the Bison Reaching Out in our Community program.
Do you volunteer on your own, with a group (such as scouts), with school groups or your church? Be recognized for all you do for our community by logging your volunteer hours and submitting them for the BROC Program. You could receive a Presidential Volunteer Service Award and/or an BROC Award.
Did you know you can list both of these awards on your resume? Allow your commitment to community help you in obtaining college admission, scholarships and employment by documenting your service hours.
Documenting your service efforts also allows Shawnee Mission North to communicate their pride in all the Shawnee Mission North family does for our community.
The theme for the 2022 Reflections Contest is: Show your voice!
Students can submit their entries in the following categories:
Dance Choreography Music Composition
Film Production Photography
Literature Visual Arts
*** Specific entry (file) requirements are listed on the attached entry form. ***
Tuesday, October 18, 2022 – entries due in the SM North office. Just drop the entry off there with the entry form.
No late entries will be accepted, school level judging starts on October 19.
School level winners announced! (Between Oct 31st & Nov 4th)
Friday, November 4, 2022 – School level winners move to SMSD level judging
Tuesday, December 6, 2022 – District level winners announced at the Reflections Open House at the CAA
District level winners move to Kansas state level for judging – dates TBD
Questions? Contact the Reflections chair for Shawnee Mission North, Becky Tate, email@example.com, 913-993-7012 or stop by and see her in room 184.
- • Digital entries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can email the entry form too – or if it is easier, drop that off in the SM North front office.
- • Physical entries (visual art & photography) and ALL completed and signed entry forms due to the North front office by 3:15 p.m. Oct. 19