September 9th Events
- Our parade will take place from 1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Alumni can enter floats in the parade and participate in the parade.
- See additional information regarding the parade route below.
- Individuals and alums interested in participating the parade should contact Kate Miner, Pep Club sponsor, at email@example.com
- We will have a pre-game tailgate from 5:00-7:00 p.m. prior to the kick-off of the football game.
- The location is TBD, but it will be an outdoor event located in close proximity to the main gate of the football stadium.
- The menu will be traditional tailgate food (hamburgers, hot dogs, chips).
- Ms. Monica Morris, junior class sponsor, will be the contact for the tailgate. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated Homecoming Parade Information
Dear Shawnee Mission North Community and Alumni,
I am writing to share some important information concerning our upcoming homecoming parade on September 9, 2022. As you know, this is an especially significant year for us at Shawnee Mission North, as we celebrate our 100th anniversary.
There has been significant road construction happening just east of the building on Johnson Drive that started in June. Unfortunately, that construction has impacted our normal route for the parade, which usually proceeds east along Johnson Drive into Mission. We have been informed by the city of Overland Park that, due to the current construction and lane and sidewalk closures along Johnson Drive, that route is not safe for a parade, and we must use an alternate route.
In response, we will be using a route that was previously used in 2019, because of construction that was happening in Mission at that time. This route, which you can see on the attached map, will take us around the back of the school and west to Robinson Street, before returning to the school along Johnson Drive.
We recognize that this route breaks from our traditional parade route, but this is necessary to keep participants safe and to have our parade. We are excited about all the events surrounding the 100th Anniversary, including the homecoming parade, and look forward to celebrating with you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the main office or reach out to administration via email.